Recently a Friend of mine got an error on his computer when booting.
Fatal error C0000034 applying update operation 282 of 117809 (_00000…)
After some digging i found out that there was an issue with the Windows 7 SP1 Upgrade that had recently ran on his computer. After some digging i found this Microsoft Article that seemed to solve the problem.
Short Notes are:
Download This VBS and Delete the “.txt” extension and place it on a usb drive.
1. Reboot the Computer while tapping F8 to enter advanced boot options.
2. Select Repair your Computer
3. Under System Recovery Options, make a note of the Windows 7 drive letter listed on the line below Choose a recovery tool. EX: Operating system: Windows 7 on (C:)
4. Select the command prompt option
5. Navigate to the USB drive Letter (Trial and error worked for me)
6. Run this command
7. You should get an output similar to this
2 POQ nodes removed. Script Completed
8. Reboot Computer and Updates should complete Normally.
Hope this helps.
I found some additional info on this forum post.